Skip to main content

12/26 Ukraine: Travel


I feel like the joker now. WANT TO KNOW HOW I GOT THESE SCARS? I was drinking water as I was walking out of my room, and miscalculating my location, slammed the bottom of the cup against the door frame. The cup pushed so hard into my face, the skin on the edges of my lips popped, and so did the skin on my nose. Fun bloody times were had, I assure you.

Bye moooooom I'll see you in a mooonth

Well, I've decided that I'm going to document everything I can on this trip, making this the largest strictly personal blog of all time! Sooo thaaaat should be exciiitiiingggyaaaawnWORKCOFFEE!!! WOOOORK ALREADYYYY! So what if I got 4 hours of sleep? COFFEE FIXES ALL!


And off to my gates I go!


Nothing says "good morning" like an airport Starbucks coffee!


Aaaand off we go! Phone off.

Even though the bag does not inflate, the oxygen is flowing. Secure your mask before helping others. Aaand I'm gonna hear this three times today!

Woah, this flight attendant reminded me of DAUGHTARRR (hi daughtarrr!)


I dozed off for a while, and was just woken up by the drink service people. Off to Chicago we go!


Whoo! My good old friend - the Christmas Coke can!


We are at the same level as this thin layer of clouds. The way they divide the ground and the sky, and the shadows they cast are just plain coooool.


Seattle, Chicago, they all look the same.


Uuuuuh...whaa daaa fuuuuu?
Nvm, never seen this in an airport before. You take an escalator down, below the ground, and the bottom seems dim, like a parking garage, but you are actually coming down to see this... hallway, with the rainbow lights moving in waves above, and wavy colorful walls on the side. In the air, mysterious harp music is playing. This reminded me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the trippy boat ride there!


The saddest thing with the word "bar" attached to it that I have ever seen.


Juuust waiting for the plane to Warsaw! For an hour or four.


Hmmm a shot from my seat. Its straaange to just see a white wall in front of me, and without a tray? HAO DUU AI EEET???

Yes I'm watching the instructional video 3 times today, buuuut TWIST! The three are all in different languages!


So THAT'S where the little table is! Mind=blown. And only took me a few hours to figure it out.

Yaaawn. I wonder if I slept. It feels like I just woke up, but I really just stopped trying to sleep. I guess that's plane equivalent to waking up.


The stars and the sunrise were quite beautiful. Sadly its not something I can capture with the miniscule sensor of my phone.

Wheeee it turns out that the girl sitting next to me is from Belarus, and speaks Russian! Wooo, I now have someone to talk to, and distract me from this wall in front of me, which by now has become my sworn enemy. NEED LEG ROOM. NEED LEG ROOM NAOOOOOOOO!


Deadly turbine is deeeadlyyyy

Had to say good-bye to my short lived friendship with the plane girl. Its funny, we never even asked each other's names.


A glimpse of Poland. Too bad I have to turn my phone off during descent. There are always some beautiful shots missed.

Woooo! And the third instructional wasn't a video at all, but a live performance! You BUCKLE that belt, girl!


The last look at the grey and plain Warsaw airport, and finally OFF TO UKRAINE!!! EXCITE =D


YES! LUCKY YOU! This is the last cloud shot. But it really does look like snow, that a super giant could walk on!


The third coffee in the past 12 hours. Plus 2 cokes and a tea, which all contain caffeine. Smart? Stupid? All I know, it's the only way I can get through this flight, since sleeping in these seats is IMPOSSIBRUUU.

I'm surprised at the number of people, on this tiny plane from Warsaw to Odessa, who speak English. So far all the flight attendants (duh, I guess), the people in front of me, behind me, to the side of me, and the dude I'm sitting with. All going to stare at Ukrainian women, eh?




Finally here! Reminds me of a post apocalyptic video game setting or something.


And now we are off to my hometown! Thanks for the driver, uncle! Ahh time to chill ouuuut.

Comments

  1. I'll have to document germany something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i was on this plane ride once, and the attendant who did the usual security rolecall thing said 'remember, yourself first, children and people who act like children second. so put your own mask on before you help your husband' xDDD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow collection #36 (September 30th)

Many funs were had at the Puyallup Fair! Hello my dear friend! We meet again! But at the same time you've never left my pocket in the first place, phone. I just haven't written things using your writing things apps. It's been an unproductively productive ten months since we've talked last, and for that I apologise. Stuff got in the way. It tends to do that. Well, onwards and outwards we go in the exploration of the shadows! Today we are returning to the shadow roots. No more insane photograph dumps this time. Those got old fast. Those burnt me out and got me out of the habit of blogging real words and coherent thoughts. It was during the times when I was absolutely undecided and immature, heading in all the wrong directions and doing all the wrong things, and suspecting nothing of it. Those were the days, when we were yound and so very stupid, says a young and still a stupid and such an unexperienced person. We'll see how things go on. I hope all is well, m...

Shadow collection #35 (December 20th)

Why view the blog in silence? Click the play button, and read on! A new week! Here we gooo! Getting up in 6 hours and doesn't afraid of anything! Amusing fact: I wrote the last entry of the previous blog and the first of this about 30 seconds apart from each other. YaaaayyyzyzyzZzZzZzzzzz... chaos is just somehow saying the very familiar fact that everything's complicated. 13 hour work days are MY FAV. YUP. And now off to bed. I hope I dream of awesomeness. Awesomeness I can remember. I should be asleep right now. Work at 7. But I can't help and ponder. It was probably nothing, but I am substantially BUGGED. A lot. What if it wasn't nothing? I should just let it go. Just for tonight. At least I'm good at that. Unlike being... Whatever it is I should be. Maybe that time has come, and its finally my turn. I hope it's not. The month of reunions! Two people I haven't seen in ages already, and MAANY more to come...

Shadow collection #32 (November 28th)

Why view the blog in silence? Click the play button, and read on! Yaaaawn it's 2:30 AM of the next week, so I guess I can no longer write in my old shadows. But there is always a new blog waiting for me! Each and every week, for almost a year! Time flies, and things change. There are people in my life, who are always close by. We always talk, hang out, and have fun together. I haven't spoken to a single one of them today. I talked to an old friend who has lived in a place away from home, with a psychologist always at hand, for almost a year (and damn, he has finally grown up emotionally, and is making all the right choices! So proud), and I had plenty of fun with a few new people! Laughing to tears while working on a school project, talking of movies, and talking of friendships. It was a well spent day of mostly chilling out. But now, its time to shut down and prepare for another day. Whooops! 20 min late. Good thing that this class doesn't ma...