I get it, it's been forever. All zero of you might have thought of this blog as straight up dead, but fear not you ghostly bunch - it's alive!!! Sure, I have been in a blog coma for something close to five years, but does that really mean that I was outright blog-dead? It turns out PLOT TWIST - it really doesn't! This was a surprise even for me. On my way here I thought for sure that's all there was left for the poor chap, ya know? I came back with full intentions to bury the skeleton and send off the ghost to the ethereal realms where ghosts belong, but at the last minute something shocked me. The blog had some flesh on his bones! I realized that the blog IS FLIPPING ALIVE and needs a celebration! A wake-up celebration! A sort of an out of coma celebration! Kind of a thank the lord you are not dead yet please never die I kind of secretly always loved you- type celebration! Well, you get the point, I'm very excited to be doing this again.
Unfortunately, while I learned a few new words in the past five years (and I finally know how to pronounce the dumbest written word in the English language - "facade," which for the longest time I thought was pronounced FuhCade like the first part of fuck and the last part of arcade, because ya know, life of a foreigner ain't easy, I digress (which is another word I now know(?) how to use?)), I have also unfortunately learned how to get real tangled up in parentheses, so you gives some and you take some - thus is life. What was I even talking about? Ah, how besides five extra years of knowledge, I have gotten very out of practice as far as writing goes, and very IN practice as far as getting off topic goes, because thanks internet, but in the end it's all real sad and needs to improve. I would like to also promise to you that I will never write a paragraph that's this much of a mess ever again. Now, since we all know that's a big, fat lie, instead of digging this hole any deeper than it already is, let's get to the main point shall we?
I no longer wish to primarily write about my haunting shadows, I kind of grew out of that. Sure, thoughts suck sometimes, but over the years I learned to manage them better, to the point where I control them more than they control me, so the outlet for such thoughts is no longer needed. Unfortunately five years ago that meant that I no longer needed to write, and that decision honestly really sucked. It was so bad! What was wrong with you young Artem, you could have been SO good by now!
If you haven't guessed yet, what I would like to really do, is practice my writing. My serious creative writing. Not really the book writing format, as far as correct punctuation and formatting in general goes, but pure creative writing of interesting stories, characters, worlds, times, events, scenes, plots, whatever! This isn't really writing for games, or film, or books, it's just writing for the sake of writing and getting better at just that.
I am going to use a random idea generator that will give me a bare-bones subject to write about, and I will try my best to go nuts from there, even if the idea the generator gives me is very very dumb and hopeless, I'll still write about it, that's how you really grow. I will be giving myself a limit of about 30 minutes. That way, if the idea is pure garbagio and isn't going anywhere, I can end it's miserable life in just half an hour, and if the idea is going really well, I will give it a day or more to marinade, and might write subsequent entries about that world, characters, etc.
No matter how good or bad, I am going to be posting each and every one of these exercises on here, so they have somewhere to live. I hope some people will enjoy going on this journey with me, and if not, hey I'll end up with an awesome archive of things I came up with. It could also be a really fun way to track my progress at the end of the day.
There really isn't a set amount of time I want to keep doing this for, and there isn't really a set schedule I want to follow, but I want to shoot for a month in total at first, and then we'll see how it goes from there. I'm hoping to get somewhere around five entries a week (one for each year I was gone, eh?) and who knows, maybe this writing exercise will open up my brain to creating more shadows. Maybe once the faucet is opened, more thoughts will naturally pour out, wouldn't that be fun?
Till next time, stay FROSTY!
Because it's winter.
And it's super cold in my room.
It's not a good time.
I think it's blankie time!
Bye!
Unfortunately, while I learned a few new words in the past five years (and I finally know how to pronounce the dumbest written word in the English language - "facade," which for the longest time I thought was pronounced FuhCade like the first part of fuck and the last part of arcade, because ya know, life of a foreigner ain't easy, I digress (which is another word I now know(?) how to use?)), I have also unfortunately learned how to get real tangled up in parentheses, so you gives some and you take some - thus is life. What was I even talking about? Ah, how besides five extra years of knowledge, I have gotten very out of practice as far as writing goes, and very IN practice as far as getting off topic goes, because thanks internet, but in the end it's all real sad and needs to improve. I would like to also promise to you that I will never write a paragraph that's this much of a mess ever again. Now, since we all know that's a big, fat lie, instead of digging this hole any deeper than it already is, let's get to the main point shall we?
I no longer wish to primarily write about my haunting shadows, I kind of grew out of that. Sure, thoughts suck sometimes, but over the years I learned to manage them better, to the point where I control them more than they control me, so the outlet for such thoughts is no longer needed. Unfortunately five years ago that meant that I no longer needed to write, and that decision honestly really sucked. It was so bad! What was wrong with you young Artem, you could have been SO good by now!
If you haven't guessed yet, what I would like to really do, is practice my writing. My serious creative writing. Not really the book writing format, as far as correct punctuation and formatting in general goes, but pure creative writing of interesting stories, characters, worlds, times, events, scenes, plots, whatever! This isn't really writing for games, or film, or books, it's just writing for the sake of writing and getting better at just that.
I am going to use a random idea generator that will give me a bare-bones subject to write about, and I will try my best to go nuts from there, even if the idea the generator gives me is very very dumb and hopeless, I'll still write about it, that's how you really grow. I will be giving myself a limit of about 30 minutes. That way, if the idea is pure garbagio and isn't going anywhere, I can end it's miserable life in just half an hour, and if the idea is going really well, I will give it a day or more to marinade, and might write subsequent entries about that world, characters, etc.
No matter how good or bad, I am going to be posting each and every one of these exercises on here, so they have somewhere to live. I hope some people will enjoy going on this journey with me, and if not, hey I'll end up with an awesome archive of things I came up with. It could also be a really fun way to track my progress at the end of the day.
There really isn't a set amount of time I want to keep doing this for, and there isn't really a set schedule I want to follow, but I want to shoot for a month in total at first, and then we'll see how it goes from there. I'm hoping to get somewhere around five entries a week (one for each year I was gone, eh?) and who knows, maybe this writing exercise will open up my brain to creating more shadows. Maybe once the faucet is opened, more thoughts will naturally pour out, wouldn't that be fun?
Till next time, stay FROSTY!
Because it's winter.
And it's super cold in my room.
It's not a good time.
I think it's blankie time!
Bye!
Comments
Post a Comment