Skip to main content

30 Minute Story #23 - Pizza and Candles

Hey readers. I had a very busy, fun weekend, meaning little sleep, but I gotta get back into my usual schedule! Let's not be a lazeball and get right to it.



https://thestoryshack.com/tools/writing-prompt-generator/
Genre: Drama
Character: A desperate girlfriend
Material: A bowler hat
Sentence: "Maybe we should just kiss to break the tension."
Bonus: Your character is fearless to the point of stupidity.

Pizza and Candles

It would be all over if the beast were to reach it's lair. Using all of it's limbs to full effect, the monster was quickly climbing down the vertical wall, seconds away from reaching it's destination. Despite it's speed, father was the faster one. Moments before the spider disappeared behind the couch, to be feared by all for at least a week, dad valiantly leaped across the room, one slipper hand, the other flying off his foot, and slammed the poor thing against the wall. As dad fell onto the couch, he grinned back at everyone at the dinner table, triumphantly clutching on to the slipper raised above his head.

We could all start eating dinner in peace, I thought. Just as quickly as the gross spider got wiped out, the expression of triumph on dad's face switched with that of absolute horror. What was happening? At that moment the second slipper, the one flying through the air, had reached it's destination, landing right into the bowl of mom's freshly cooked spaghetti.
"Oh come on!" Mom exclaimed quickly snatching the slipper out of the bowl, but it was too late - dinner was ruined.
"Honey I am so sorry!" Dad obviously felt terrible about the whole ordeal. "Was that... all of it?"
Mom shut her eyes tight, rubbing her forehead, trying her best not to get mad at our dad. I honestly didn't get her anger, what happened wasn't really his fault, all he was trying to do was defend the family from monsters, and he succeeded too!
Mom finally said "I guess we are ordering pizza tonight."
"Yaaaay!" All three of us, the kids, exclaimed simultaneously. We loved mom's spaghetti, but who could ever say no to pizza? As we began excitedly discussing which toppings we all wanted, mom glared at our dad with a piercing gaze. She didn't want to say anything in front of us, the kids, but we knew - dad was not off the hook. The silly grin on his face gave it away.

As dad reached for the phone and begin dialing the pizza shop, the world decided that it wasn't done toying with our evening. The lights suddenly flickered, and a moment later, just as we all looked at each other with concern, the power went out completely. Was this karma? Some divine punishment? All of the sudden I started feeling really bad for the spider.
"Hello? Do you guys have power over there? Oh fantastic!" Dad broke the silence as the pizza shop picked up the phone.
"Yesss." My sister, the youngest of the siblings, was celebrating the pizza.

TIME UP
What happened next: Candles were lit, Pizza has arrived, and during a rare, peaceful family bonding moment, mom and dad told the story of how they first met, mom forgiving dad for the whole ordeal in the process. After all, they really loved each other. The end!


I spent too long on the set up, gotta not do that next time, but it was fun anyway.

See you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow collection #36 (September 30th)

Many funs were had at the Puyallup Fair! Hello my dear friend! We meet again! But at the same time you've never left my pocket in the first place, phone. I just haven't written things using your writing things apps. It's been an unproductively productive ten months since we've talked last, and for that I apologise. Stuff got in the way. It tends to do that. Well, onwards and outwards we go in the exploration of the shadows! Today we are returning to the shadow roots. No more insane photograph dumps this time. Those got old fast. Those burnt me out and got me out of the habit of blogging real words and coherent thoughts. It was during the times when I was absolutely undecided and immature, heading in all the wrong directions and doing all the wrong things, and suspecting nothing of it. Those were the days, when we were yound and so very stupid, says a young and still a stupid and such an unexperienced person. We'll see how things go on. I hope all is well, m...

Shadow collection #35 (December 20th)

Why view the blog in silence? Click the play button, and read on! A new week! Here we gooo! Getting up in 6 hours and doesn't afraid of anything! Amusing fact: I wrote the last entry of the previous blog and the first of this about 30 seconds apart from each other. YaaaayyyzyzyzZzZzZzzzzz... chaos is just somehow saying the very familiar fact that everything's complicated. 13 hour work days are MY FAV. YUP. And now off to bed. I hope I dream of awesomeness. Awesomeness I can remember. I should be asleep right now. Work at 7. But I can't help and ponder. It was probably nothing, but I am substantially BUGGED. A lot. What if it wasn't nothing? I should just let it go. Just for tonight. At least I'm good at that. Unlike being... Whatever it is I should be. Maybe that time has come, and its finally my turn. I hope it's not. The month of reunions! Two people I haven't seen in ages already, and MAANY more to come...

Shadow collection #32 (November 28th)

Why view the blog in silence? Click the play button, and read on! Yaaaawn it's 2:30 AM of the next week, so I guess I can no longer write in my old shadows. But there is always a new blog waiting for me! Each and every week, for almost a year! Time flies, and things change. There are people in my life, who are always close by. We always talk, hang out, and have fun together. I haven't spoken to a single one of them today. I talked to an old friend who has lived in a place away from home, with a psychologist always at hand, for almost a year (and damn, he has finally grown up emotionally, and is making all the right choices! So proud), and I had plenty of fun with a few new people! Laughing to tears while working on a school project, talking of movies, and talking of friendships. It was a well spent day of mostly chilling out. But now, its time to shut down and prepare for another day. Whooops! 20 min late. Good thing that this class doesn't ma...